A reputable Online TV Platform in Abuja is looking to hire a passionate Research & Policy Analyst to conduct research and anchor interview sessions with policymakers and implementors, industry players and actors, and stakeholders with a view to analyzing government policies, political, economic, social, technology, legal and environment trends and issues as it affects the prosperity, peace and happiness of our citizens.
As the Research and Policy Analyst, you should be able to study and understand the policy lifecycle, issues relating to different industries and sectors of the Nigerian Economy through rigorous analysis and exposes.
Ultimately, you should be able to provide insight into political, economic, social, technology, legal and environment trends; evaluate cultures, values and government policies and present unbiased reports as it affects Nigeria, West Africa, Africa and the global communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze existing policies across the Nation (Nigeria and Africa at large), and also commissioning and undertaking general quantitative and qualitative research to review policies and reports.
- Identify and network with key policy makers and stakeholders for interviews and documentaries, real time reports, time series etc.
- Conduct online broadcast interview with policymakers, stakeholders, policy players/actors and other essential persons or bodies/entities on relevant policy matters.
- Manage database to capture key policies of Government, Organized Private Sector, NGOs, CSOs, and International Development Partners etc.
- Organize and attend relevant promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor or the management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge about Nigerian Policy ecosystem.
- Must have a working knowledge of media production processes, and a network of contacts in the industry (or be ready to acquire one quickly)
- Superior research, analytical, and evaluative skills, including the ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of disparate data on emerging and/or controversial issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Deep sense of urgency and ability to work in fast pace environment with high volume.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time management.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to plan complex projects with urgency.
- Excellent observation and evaluation skills.
- Hands-on experience and proficiency with digital video equipment (camera, audio recorder, tripods, lights etc) is an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, communications, journalism, broadcasting or a related field
- 3-5 years proven work experience as a Research and Policy Analyst.
- Demonstrable passion and desire to do this type of job.
- Willingness to build a career from the job.
- Must not be more than 29 years as at the date of application.
All applications should be submitted to: email@example.com on/before 16th July, 2021.
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement, and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook