This competition is a superb opportunity for individuals, organizations, students, institutions, and research groups to showcase their skills in the use of UAV for solving societal challenges as well as research prototypes on UAV to a large audience.
Kindly note that participation can be in either category 1 or category 2 or both . Detailed information is as presented in each category.
Category 1: Payload Drop
Participants are to create a UAV system that can travel at least 11 km and provide at least 5 minutes of video and audio telemetry to the emergency centre. They are encouraged to create systems that can perform the task in a fully independent manner; and can reduce the payload of at least 1 kg to the location of the stranded researchers. Participants must not fly above 1000ft AGL at any time during the assignment and must maintain an altitude of at least 100ft AGL while not flying over roads and at least 200ft AGL if flying over roads (this restriction does not apply during take-off and landing maneuvers).
Once a participant’s UAV arrives at the researcher’s location, the judges must be notified. At this point, the judges will either allow or deny a team to continue their flight.
Category 2: Long Endurance Surveillance
Participants must not fly above 1000ft AGL at any time during the mission and must maintain an altitude of at least 100ft AGL while not flying over roads and at least 200ft AGL if flying over roads (this restriction does not apply during take-off and landing maneuvers.
Once a participant’s UAV arrives at the researchers’ location, the judges must be notified.
Requirements for the UAV competition 2020
Applicants are expected to have indigenous content in at least one of the categories listed below to qualify for the UAV competition;
- Avionics (communication system, navigation system, control system)
- Power Supply systems (batteries, combustion engines, nuclear systems e.t.c)
- Perception system (cameras, lidar sensors, ultrasonic sensors/ mapping systems…)
- Servo mechanisms (drop system, pull system, e.t.c)
- Software (perception data processing, autonomous navigation e.t.c).
- Must be a Nigerian for individual participation and a Nigerian must lead the team for team participation.
- Must be ready and able to participate at the physical event scheduled to hold from November 23rd to November 26th, 2020 in Kaduna, Kaduna State.
Participants in this competition will be examined on the basis of the following criteria:
- Team requirements
- UAV requirements
- Team requirements
Visit the website www.uavcompetition.com.ng to register for the event.
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.