Job seekers with strong teamwork skill are desired by employers, because they can be great leader, exhibit great team spirit, excellent communication and are reliable. This teamwork skill is needed for every industry be it, technology, marketing and even food service, even if it seems like that dream job is best suited for an independent worker, and may perform the majority of your job responsibilities on your own, but you should be able to think in line with the company’s broader goals and communicate your achievements to other people within the organization.
Teamwork is the ability to collaborate with other people within an Organisation effectively to achieve the organizational goals.
What are these teamwork skills that employers desire in job seeker and even employee?
• The ability to communicate your ideas and creativity effectively with the team in a professional manner be it verbal or non-verbal communication. You should be able to communicate your ideas and innovation through telephone, Email and even in person in a professional and confident manner.
• You have to be able to manage conflict within the members, and ensure everyone within the team is happy with the choices of the team. This show that you have leadership skills.
• The ability to listen is another strong skill needed to be a good team member. You should be able to listen to other team members’ ideas and concerns, when you do not understand their ideas ask for clarity.
• You should be reliable; you should be trustworthy. In other to gain the trust of your team members, you should able to meet up with the deadline when tasks are assigned to you.
• Ensure you are respectful, team members will be more open to communicating with you, if you convey respect for them and their ideas. Simple actions like using their names, making eye contact, and actively listening when a person speaks will make your team members feel respected.
• The ability to make right decisions that result to positive outcome.
• The ability to be creativity, initiating ideas that are meaningful and beneficial to the team is a good teamwork skill.
For this and many more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement and entrepreneurship development, join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Twitter and Facebook .