The African Civic Engagement Academy (ACEA) is a free online training program and networking opportunity; offered to selected mid-career NGO and public sector leaders across sub-Saharan Africa.
The Academy is for mid-career individuals with demonstrated leadership experience in NGO, non-profit, as well as public sector roles. Space is limited; therefore, applications are competitive.
- Participants must be between the ages of 30 and 45 as of January 1, 2021.
- As well as serve in a leadership role with a civil society organization; or a government unit responsible for engaging with the public.
- In addition, they must have a demonstrated record of leading civic engagement efforts; including projects and programs to advocate, engage, and communicate inclusively.
Selected participants will receive online instruction and participate in peer discussions organized into three short courses;
- Principles of Civic Engagement: including strategies for NGO, non-profit, and government sector leaders to advocate and engage with one another.
- Political Inclusion: covering steps to improve the political and social inclusion of underrepresented communities.
- Media Management: including the role of old and new media as a bridge between government and civil society.
Participants will also be shown leadership development and strategic planning concepts. All participants will develop a peer-mentored Civic Engagement Action Plan, where they identify steps to bring a civic engagement project to life in their community or government unit.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who complete the ACEA coursework and submit a Civic Engagement Action Plan will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Georgia. Chartered in 1785, the University of Georgia is the oldest state-chartered public institution in the United States. And is home to over 38,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
ALL APPLICATIONS FEBRUARY 15, 2021 AT 5:00 PM GMT
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.