The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is looking for qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies in Abuja Nigeria; Principal Officer Legal Services & Research; likewise Chief Registrar. Find below, the job overview, Academic qualification and experience. Deadline for all applications is on the 12th of December, 2020.
How to Apply
- Download the application form here and fill it out correctly;
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter;
- also, ensure to send all the above mentioned documents to the related e-mail addresses provided.
Potential candidates must be under 50 years of age. Female applications are encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Principal Officer Legal Services & Research
Under the supervision of the Director, Research and Documentation, the incumbent shall undertake legal research and analysis; write legal opinions and report on various issues pertaining to the judicial work of the Court and its day-to-day functioning; likewise providing legal support to the Staff and other services of the Court, as required.
Academic Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in law, with a specialization in Human Rights and Humanitarian Laws, International Law, Administrative or economic law from a recognized University;
- Secondly, applicants must have 10 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative law or related areas; including 2 years relevant international work and 5 years at a supervisory level;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS regulations and rules, policies, procedures and operations is equally crucial to the role;
- They must also demonstrate professional competence and mastery of administrative law and judicial procedures and ability to review and edit the work of others and manage the functioning of an office and its staff members;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to conduct comprehensive legal research on a range of issues including those of a unique or complex nature will also be an added advantage;
- Professional experience in legal representation and practice, including legal research, analysis and writing of court processes within the judicial system, in a law firm or a legal office of an intergovernmental organization, a state agency or a human rights NGO;
- Similarly, applicants should have excellent knowledge of international law and ability to apply legal expertise in analyzing complex legal issues and developing innovative legal solutions;
- As well as knowledge of the practice and procedure of international Courts and Tribunals;
- Likewise, knowledge of Legal issues arising out of regional integration processes and international and regional mechanisms on the promotion and protection of human rights;
- As well as a strong drafting skills and ability to prepare sound legal briefs, submissions and opinions;
Interested and qualified individuals should therefore send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the supervision of the President of the Court, the incumbent shall be responsible for the judicial case management, judicial administration, records management; and the provision of services for the efficient discharge of the judicial functions of the Court. The Chief Registrar will also assist the Judges in the Performance of their functions.
Academic Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Law from a recognized University.
- Secondly, applicants should have at least 15 years of progressively responsible experience in Law in a senior leadership capacity with a minimum of 7 years’ experience working on issues related to the ECOWAS region;
- As well as experience working with Member States and delegations in the context of international organizations;
- Similarly, an extensive experience in programme and project planning, financing and oversight;
- They must also have adequate knowledge of policy and strategy development, change management and related issues, with broad geographical outcomes/impacts;
- Ability to lead the development, management/review of reports and papers on technical and policy issues is also crucial;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS policies, management, administrative, budgetary and staffing systems, procedures and regulations;
- Likewise a progressive senior leadership experience in establishing strategic partnerships, working collaboratively and building consensus with multiple stakeholders on critical and/or complex issues.
Interested and qualified individuals should therefore send their applications to: email@example.com
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.