Decision-making is an everyday task. It is the process of determining the best course of action from a collection of two or more options. As an entrepreneur, the kind of decisions you make can make or mar your success.
As humans generally, it is natural to desire the best of every choice whether in one’s personal or professional life. However, sometimes, it can be quite confusing to identify the best choice from a plethora of options. Therefore, it is important to utilize an effective decision-making strategy to make informed choices.
To ease decision-making and increase the likelihood of making good decisions, it is essential to break down the process into stages or steps.
Here are 7 steps to making effective decisions:
- Have a good understanding of the problem or situation
- Make a list of all choices/alternatives you could choose from
- Obtain relevant and accurate information about each of the options
- Evaluate the Pros and Cons of each option based on the information you have gathered
- Select the choice that appears to be more desirable or appropriate than the others
- Act on the choice you have made
- Rate the outcome of your decision and identify the need for improvement for future purposes.
The more efficient you are in making decisions, the more successful you would be. However, if you find that you have made any wrong decision at any point in time, do not feel too bad about it. Rather, understand that every wrong choice in life gives you more experience and knowledge such that next time, you will not repeat the same mistakes.
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement, and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.