The Second Episode of the Terraskills Online Competition Tagged ‘Show your Talent and Win Big‘ was aimed at giving young Nigerians the opportunity to express their skills and market themselves to the world.
The Terraskills Online Competition is impacting the online world positively while influencing the minds of young people with the goal of helping to develop their skills and share them with the world; thereby forming a lifelong partnership.
Participants submitted their videos to us via Telegram or email.
The qualified participants had their videos released on YouTube as voting commenced immediately.
Participants were asked to show us what they do, their talent, skills or job and tell us how they plan to use them to impact the world.
Here’s what they did:
Participants were given three (3) days to gather votes.
The grading system was based on how well participants performed in their videos. The criteria used for grading video performance are shown below;
- Duration: they were instructed to send a maximum of 45secs videos.
- Orientation: it was stated clearly on the WhatsApp and Telegram platforms that their video is expected to be in Landscape Orientation (Horizontal).
- Quality: as part of the written instructions, participants were to ensure that their video is sent in high quality (HD).
- Skills: the essence of the competition was to share your skills with the world. Therefore, it is pertinent that your skills are portrayed in your video.
- Message: the message was to “tell us how you would impact the world with the skill you have”.
This voting system aimed to test participants’ ability in marketing and to expose and connect them to a broader audience. It was an opportunity for participants to be more famous and showcase their skills.