The Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Fund, in collaboration with KPMG, Andersen, and also Leadway Assurance Company Limited, invites qualified applicants for the Seyi Bickersteth scholarship program (SBSP).
The scholarship is named after Seyi Bickersteth, who worked for KPMG in Nigeria as a Senior Partner from 2002 to 2016 and also as Chairman of KPMG Africa from 2014 to 2016. After retiring, he served on the Boards of Several Companies, including Leadway Assurance, and was the Regional Managing Partner as well as Chairman of Anderson Africa. Seyi Bickersteth was a mentor and also a teacher who was passionate about the development of those around him, which is why an educational fund has been established in his honour.
Beneficiaries of the programme will receive a scholarship grant worth Four Hundred Thousand Naira (N400,000) annually. Asides the scholarship grant, beneficiaries will also receive:
- Summer internship opportunities during the holiday or while they are on National Industrial attachment.
- Mentorship opportunities and also exposure.
- Upon completion, candidates will be eligible to work at any of the three firms (KPMG, Leadway Assurance or Anderson) if they graduate with a First Class or Second-Class Upper Division degree.
The Seyi Bickersteth Scholarship Programme is open to 100 level University students just admitted at the time of application.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 5 Distinctions (As & Bs) from their WASSCE (including English and Mathematics).
- Student’s SSCE results cannot also be older than 2 years.
- A minimum score of 230 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Candidates must also have admission into a Federal University in Nigeria.
- Candidates’ four-year course must be in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, finance, Insurance or Actuarial Sciences.
- Only students that are not currently on any scholarship scheme are eligible.
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
Applications should be submitted on or before September 28, 2021 and the examination date will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates only.
Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online via:
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement, and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook