If you are thinking of giving up on your goal, then this post is just for you. Read it!
Sometimes in our endeavor to accomplish our goals, the devil in our mind tells us; it’s too hard; it does not make sense; it will not work; we are not qualified to do it; etc. Such thoughts are discouraging and will keep us from going to the next level in our lives or keep us from taking the first step towards our goal.
The truth remains that every time you give up, you are practicing it, so it comes easier next time.
Anytime you feel like giving up on a great idea, you can overcome the feelings by:
- Remembering why you started.
- Hammering to yourself that stress will pass but the effect of giving up will linger
- Understanding that If you do not press on now, you will be in the same position in years to come
- Remembering that many thrived at it, therefore you can
- Asking yourself, which pain will you prefer to pass through; the pain of pressing on, and then subsequently achieving your goals? or the pain of giving up?
One of my favorite books when it comes to encouragement and determination is “Never Give Up” by Joyce Meyer. Joyce explained in her book that as you think about your life and make a fresh determination to pay the price of progress, keep in mind some of the things you might need to confront to achieve your goals.
These things include:
- People’s opinion/discouragement
- Weariness and fatigue
Of course, there are other dynamics and emotions you may also need to press through, but the above list will help you recognize these things as obstacles to be overcome when you encounter them. As you face them in your life, remember, press in, and press on!
Giving up is not an option. Stay Positive!
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement, and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.