The Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute has announced a call for application for a tuition free training in Agribusiness. The training is targeted at improving food security, empowering youth, generating employment as well as driving wealth creation among young Nigerians.
Young Nigerians interested in agribusiness are encouraged to take advantage of this training.
The COVID-19 pandemic has vividly shown the importance of agriculture, particularly locally grown food which has the potential of improving internal economy. The dwindling oil prices and the crashing economy in Nigeria is a clear evidence of the irrefutable impact of agriculture on the economy; as before the oil boom, agriculture was the main contributor to the nation’s GDP. Hence, the optimistic option for the country is to grow the agricultural sector to a sustainable level.
Therefore, it is imperative that agribusiness enthusiasts and those interested in making business out of this sector, take advantage of this training opportunity.
The courses include the following;
- Digitalization of Agricultural Information Services for Rural Development.
- Developing Alternative Technology for Agric Produce.
- Human Capital Development for Managing Post Harvest Activities for Nigerian Farmers
- Value Creation through Effective Human Capital Development for Selected Agric. Produce Export in Collaboration with Relevant Agencies.
- Managing Agric. Research for Effective/Efficient Food Production in Nigeria for Scientists in Nigeria (Grantsmanship: Science and Art of Grantwriting)
- Agric. Produce Value Chain Training for Managers of Inputs/Production and Marketing.
- Extension Services for Vitamin A Rich Sweet Potato/ Tubers.
- Facilitation of VCD Activities through Development of Active Change Agents.
- Farm Business Planning and Management for Graduates.
- Agripreneurship Development for Youths in YES Entrepreneurship.
- Agripreneurship Development for Women in Agriculture.
- As well as Agripreneurship Training and Development for New Generation Farmers.
- Capacity Building on GreenHouse Farming for Women and Youth
- Development of Capacity for Soilless Agriculture
- Capacity Building in Monitoring and Evaluation for Agricultural Services
- Capacity Development for Youth and Women in Agriculture Online Marketing
- Training of Extension Managers (Block Extension Supervisors).
Criteria for Participants
The selection criteria include;
- Applicants must be a Nigeria
- They should also have interest in agricultural value chain/agribusiness.
- As well as have a minimum of O’ level certificate.
Who to Attend
After satisfying the eligibility criteria above; applicants may also be young entrepreneurs, young school leavers/professionals seeking diversification into agriculture and those who are unemployed as women interested in agribusiness.
Interested individuals are to address their applications to the Executive Director. While the soft copies should be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling the form below;
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement, and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.