The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), in accordance with the Digital Literacy and Skills pillar of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy for a Digital Nigeria (NDEPS), is launching the Digital States Initiative, a nationwide Digital Literacy and Skills Program for Nigerians.
The Digital States project, which is one of NDEPS’ implementation strategies, aims to provide Nigerian youths with the digital literacy skills they need to help the country move to the digital economy.
The programme is aimed at training about 540 youths from each state of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. It is expected that about 20,000 Nigerians will benefit from the programme.
The beneficiary states for the first phase are Gombe, Kano, Lagos and Rivers States.
- Digital Marketing: To improve sales of digital entrepreneurs in their new or already existing businesses.
- Productivity Tools: To increase productivity of students and employees at school and work.
- Content Creation: To enable creation of contents to promote online businesses especially on social media platforms.
- Empower youths with intermediate digital skills needed to drive the digital economy transformation in Nigeria.
- To empower youths with globally required and marketable skills to increase their employment opportunities.
- To increase the number of industry-ready IT professionals in Nigeria
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement, and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.