TRAIN THE TRAINER: FROM DESIGN TO DELIVERY
Trainers are the center piece to a memorable and successful training session. This course aims at providing trainers with the knowledge and skills required to design and deliver their training sessions. A trainer’s journey on this course begins with an understanding of how adults learn, various learning styles, skills of trainers, various learning methods, activities and exercises, designing of training courses and ends with the delivery of training.
- List various adult learning principles and their implications on the delivery of training
- Identify and develop skills required in successful trainers
- Examine training methods and determine the most appropriate for their training workshops
- Write specific instructional learning objectives (ILOs)
- Apply training models in the design and delivery of training courses
- Develop blueprints for training sessions
- Plan and deliver a training session relevant to their areas of expertise
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Officers, specialists, team leaders, business partners, line mangers and trainers involved in classroom and on-the-job training.