TECHNICAL REPORT WRITING AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
Clear, unambiguous technical reports and procedures are of vital importance in the pharmaceutical industry. They are used to communicate the outcomes of product development work and investigations, and may be reviewed by the FDA, or other regulatory bodies, if they form part of a regulatory submission. On this course, participants will learn how to analyze and present technical data in a clear and concise manner. They will produce powerful charts and graphs using the graphics tools in Microsoft ExcelÂ® and will design compelling tables making data comparison a powerful tool for the target audience. Important statistical methods such as evaluation of outliers, analysis of variance, experimental design and estimation of uncertainty will be covered. The elements of effective standard operating procedures will also be explained.
- Write effective technical reports and procedures that cater to the needs of their target audience
- Present complex experimental data in a logical, clear and concise manner making optimal use of graphs, charts and tables
- Build credibility by following the conventions of scientific writing to support explanations and arguments
- Ensure technical documents achieve maximum impact by efficiently structuring the data and avoiding common written English mistakes
- Analyze experimental data using the principles of statistical analysis
- This course is designed for pharmaceutical professionals tasked with data analysis and/or producing technical reports and procedures. It will be particularly beneficial for research and development (R&D) analysts/ managers, scientists, engineers, and technicians as well as Quality Assurance (QA), Information Technology (IT), manufacturing, and other operations professionals. This course will also prove useful for administrative staff supporting the R&D and operations activities by preparing technical documentation.