SIX DIMENSIONS OF EFFECTIVE ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE TEAMS
Managing the accounting and finance department requires building on various dimensions to keep the balance between growth and performance. ‘Six Dimensions of Effective Accounting and Finance Teams’ presents dynamic and modern approach to manage the accounting and finance department on a tactical and strategical level, beyond the technical day-to-day skills.
Dimension 1 is about designing a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurement system which will serve as a cornerstone for managing performance of the subsequent practices. Dimension 2 focuses on building teamwork, happiness, collaboration and self-mastery for the team which is a base to achieving better results. Dimensions 3 and 4 are focused on re-inventing processes while using innovation. Dimension 5 is focused on the satisfaction of internal and external customers with whom the accounting and finance teams interact. Dimensions 6 is about using all the previous practices to improve profitability.
- Describe and explain the financial and non-financial KPIs of the accounting and finance team
- Build a knowledge sharing culture and individual development plans for employees
- Develop a plan to increase happiness and positive attitude in the workplace
- Apply up-to-date practices in process mapping, value mapping and process re-engineering
- Develop a practical survey to understand internal and external stakeholders’ satisfaction from the accounting and finance operations
- Implement costs saving strategies and innovation initiatives
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Professionals in the field of finance and accounting, directors, managers, supervisors, and finance professionals who desire to understand, apply and implement practical tools to enable them to structure and run the finance and accounting departments more effectively.