MANAGING PROJECT PORTFOLIO
The overall aim of this course is to provide participants with a generic and practical methodology to build and manage a balanced project portfolio. The course covers all project portfolio cycle where it defines basic project portfolio terminologies, introduces project portfolio models, presents projects evaluation techniques (both financial and non-financial). Also, the course offers projects prioritization tools for ranking projects, techniques for quantifying portfolio uncertainties and risks, assessment of portfolio performance using earned value analysis.
- Develop project portfolio model showing projects life cycles within a portfolio context
- Employ project portfolio methodology at any organizational level in any industry
- Prioritize projects within the portfolio using financial and non-financial ranking tools
- Quantify portfolio risks using Monte Carlo simulation and sensitivity analysis
- Apply earned value techniques to track and control portfolio performance
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- The target audience includes: portfolio directors and managers, senior managers, decision makers, portfolio sponsors, PMO staff, program and project managers and all individuals involved in building and managing their organization project portfolio.