LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT: TOOLS AND STRATEGIES
Employees continuously need to develop their knowledge, skills and abilities. This is crucial for them to maintain and develop operational capabilities and improve engagement and motivation levels. In this regard, demands on learning and development units are becoming more challenging. Learning and development professionals are expected to deliver while considering various criteria such as strategy directives, performance requirements, development needs and international trends to name a few. This course is designed to remove complexity and assist participants in the design and communication of comprehensive learning solutions wrapped in easy to use frameworks. Also, the course considers process development as well as tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness of learning and development units.
- Categorize organizational learning and development maturity models based on strategic directives
- Design and select external training interventions based on defined criteria including cost benefit analysis
- Develop conceptual designs for learning and development frameworks to facilitate a simple and effective nomination process by line managers and staff
- Differentiate between static and dynamic process workflows and administering those in accordance with operational needs
- Use a blended approach for the development and fulfillment of individual development plans for talents and successors
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Learning and development specialists, team leaders and managers as well as HR business partners. The program also targets those who are directly involved in shaping the strategy of their learning and development units and designing associated tools and process workflows.