IT AUDITING AND IT FRAUD DETECTION
In today’s world, IT fraud prevention and investigation have become an everyday part of corporate life and auditors must gain expertise in this area. This course is intended to sharpen the skills of internal auditors in assisting in the prevention, detection, deterrence and reporting of IT fraud. It covers a wide range of topics such as the abilities of the IT fraud auditor, computer fraud and control, predication, the type and nature of common IT frauds, and the auditors’ legal skills.
- Define the various types of fraud related to computers and IT
- Identify the types of antifraud controls and rate their effectiveness
- Predict the opportunities for fraud presented by advanced technology
- Employ the most effective methods of detection for different types of IT fraud
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of audit software in IT fraud investigation
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
This course is designed for IT auditors who are working in a high fraud-potential environment, it is also suitable for internal auditors who would like an insight to computer-based fraud and IT fraud detection.