GOOD TO GREAT MANAGEMENT: THE ROAD AHEAD
Are you a good manager or a great one? In fact, you have no choice but to become a great manager. How else can you create value in your organization and sustain it over time? How else can you engage your people and retain them? In a business environment characterized by higher degree of uncertainty and competition, fast changing customers’ needs, less and less employee loyalty, more stringent government rules and regulations, you cannot afford but to be a great manager. This course elaborates on what it takes to become a great manager by focusing on two distinct managerial requirements: first developing business and economic acumen without which no manager can make value adding decisions, and second by bringing out the best in people
- Manage tomorrow by making today more informed decisions that contribute to strengthening the organization’s competitive advantage.
- Develop business acumen by applying managerial economic analysis and drive business impact.
- Apply in the workplace best practices of great managers.
- Bring out the best in people by acting as a ‘multiplier’ rather than a ‘diminisher’.
- Turn into ‘blue ocean’ managers that are able to close the gap between the potential and the realized talent of people they lead.
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Middle managers, Supervisors, Section heads, and Individuals moving to managerial roles.