FINANCE AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE FOR HR PROFESSIONALS
Times have changed. Business acumen and financial intelligence are now considered essential HR competencies. Everyone in a company, including HR, does better when they understand how they impact company performance and how financial success is measured. Indeed, if HR were to develop its own business and financial intelligence, it would become more involved and committed, and would surely be offered a seat at the business decision table.
This course will equip participants with the basic financial and business tools necessary to speak and understand the language of business, extract and use meaningful information, analyze the numbers, produce in depth business insights and make enlightened decisions that have a measurable impact on the organization’s overall performance. It is only when HR masters these tools that it will be perceived as a full-fledged business partner.
The course follows a simple, focused, and practical methodology that will make the course’s subject matter easily accessible and highly enjoyable.
- Gather and interpret various financial data that demonstrate HR’s contribution to the overall performance of the organization
- Link the dots between the organization’s income statement, balance sheet and the HR function
- Explain why cash matters and how it is connected to everything else
- Calculate and apply various financial and business ratios that offer a quick shortcut to understanding what the financials are saying
- Use HR analytics to predict future outcomes of HR decisions
- Calculate and understand return of investment in HR
- Craft a strategy to create and sustain a financially literate HR department
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- This course is for all HR professionals who want to develop their financial and business intelligence. The course will help them realize that HR results alone do not matter and that what really matters is overall business results. Consequently this course is particularly designed for those HR professionals who have decided to grow into credible and effective business advocates, leaders and partners.