EMPLOYEE RELATIONS: ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Despite the evolution of the various functions under Human Resources (HR), Employee Relations (ER) is still considered to be a grey function. Employee relations staff are expected to administer, report on operational KPIs, handle grievances, enforce policies, manage performance, deal with internal communication, promote social functions, and the list goes on. This course is designed to shed light on all the activities under the employee relations’ function. From administration to grievance resolution, the course material and resources ensure that attendees improve their awareness and hence, their engagement level within the employee relations functions of their organization.
- Define employee relations as a function and list its main roles within human resources
- Manage employee files and records as per local labor laws and regulations
- Use the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to improve attendance and minimize absenteeism
- Apply objective means of morale measurement and enhancement to improve employee morale
- Differentiate between employee whining, complaints and grievances and decide when to treat an issue as a grievance and how to handle it properly
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Employees in the functions of employee relations, human resources or personnel and administration who are directly or indirectly responsible for providing support services to internal customers within the organization.