CERTIFICATE IN EVENTS MANAGEMENT
The events industry grew significantly in the past 2 decades and has become a robust economic force. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the event planner profession is expected to grow 10% by 2024 — a faster rate than the average growth rate for all occupations. Studies in 2016 show that about 18 million events and meetings are organized in the U.S. every year, generating $280 billion in spending and $66.8 billion in labor income. The events industry is now worth £42.3 billion in the UK, and constitutes 5% of the economic growth in Dubai.
Events play an important role in economic development and social well-being, and can help achieve other business objectives like community cohesion, branding appreciation and corporate reputation improvement. This growing and changing industry allows professionals to use their communication, marketing, social media, and project management skills. In this course we will explore the event planning domain through case studies, field trips (when possible), research results, and hands-on activities and exercises.
This course has been designed to provide you with a detailed background knowledge and understanding of the complexities of this dynamic industry, and will furnish you with the necessary skills to succeed in the various aspects of this field.
- Explain the foundations of event management
- List the steps in creating and featuring an event
- Develop a step-by-step process for planning an event
- Implement methods to evaluate an event
- Apply various resources in order to manage logistics
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- This course is designed for professionals involved in public relations, event management, business etiquette and protocol activities.