CERTIFICATE IN COMPETENCY DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
Turning the human resources practice in an organization into a systematic approach based on factual observations and numbers is how the HR profession will go to the next level. Providing line managers and the organization with HR solutions based on competencies will help HR professionals play a strategic partnership role in their organizations. Join us and learn about competencies, and how you can implement this wonderful concept in your HR department and in all of your HR practices. This course will teach you about competencies in an easy and rational approach that will make you feel confident about this important topic.
- Define competencies, describe their history and explain the important role they play in human resources and the organization
- Analyze the main components of a competency and the differences between each
- Design and produce a competency framework and model by extracting competencies from business plans
- Apply competencies in the recruitment and selection processes
- Use competencies to assess training needs, identify talent pools and produce succession plans
- Utilize competencies and behavioral indicators in performance appraisal systems
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Managers, supervisors, administrators, specialists, team leaders, business partners and officers in the functions of human resources and training and development. The course is also very useful for line managers whose organization is currently, or about to start, using competencies as a framework for recruiting, selecting and training employees.