CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND SUCCESSION PLANNING
60% of organizations have no process for succession planning. This interactive course will enable you to consider the latest methodologies and strategies related to successful engagement, career development and succession planning. The course is also designed to provide tips to create a clear career path and help build your bench. In addition, it will help you plan a succession strategy for a flexible and sustainable business.
- Demonstrate understanding of the basics of career development and succession planning
- Distinguish succession planning and management from replacement planning, talent management and human capital management
- Compare traditional HR focus with career planning oriented HR focus
- Explain the role of employee and employer in career development
- Apply innovative corporate career development initiatives
- Evaluate and operate an effective succession planning program to close the developmental gaps in the organization
- Prepare individual development plans and manage career choices
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Human resources managers, line managers, HR business partners, team leaders and specialists.