Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and also PhD scholarships to specific programme at selected institutions under its PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme for the 2022/2023 academic session.
However, the scheme was developed to offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe. Hence, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programme at the partner institutions. The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and also bench fees (where applicable), and the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation as well as living expenses.
Interested Applicants should please note the following;
For the 2022/2023 award, application will be limited to PTDF partner universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia where it feels the scholarship’s high standards can be maintained and also the objectives of the scheme will be best served.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirement
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive, and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected.
Based on the submitted qualifications, the top applicants for each category from each state will be invited for an interview where a selection committee will be constituted to asses applications using the following criteria:
- Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees, full academic transcripts and also other professional qualifications acquired.
- Relevant publications to be referenced by applicant (PhD applicants only)
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- Possession of 5 O/level credits, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) for the proposed study, its relevance to the industry and its expected impact on national development
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN begore proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply)
- Applicant must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC) and also;
- Must be computer literates
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and also a good second-degree certificate
- A research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more that five pages) to include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and Mode of Data Collection
- All lecturers must produce a letter from their Vice Chancellor confirming that they are not in receipt of any other scholarship
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the applicants (NIMC verification charges apply)
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach them to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results and the PINs on the application forms to enable PTDF to view the O’level results on the relevant website
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcript; oil applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
Application portal is open and will close on Friday January 28, 2022.
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills; employment opportunities; career advancement; and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups; and also follow us on Instagram; Twitter; and Facebook.