The Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC), in line with the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 13) – Climate Action; invites suitable ideation stage climate-smart entrepreneurs in the renewable energy space from all over Nigeria to submit their renewable energy ideas for participation in the Cohort II of the Embryo Incubation Program.
Application is open to all ideation stage cleantech entrepreneur with viable solutions in Renewable Energy; Agriculture; Waste and Water Management; Sustainable (Green) Buildings; and Climate Friendly Transportation Systems.
The Incubation Program is a 16-weeks intensive program.
Renewable Energy innovators in the South-South region of Nigeria and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- With the help of expert facilitators, participants will have their business ideas evaluated and refined; secondly, participants will learn practical easy-to-implement techniques that will reduce the risks of business failure.
- Participants will also be guided on SMART and realistic green business plans; as well as in creating sustainable high-quality business models; and equipped with modern planning tools (Physical and virtual) as well as “strategy to result” sessions.
- Participants will be helped to understand the difference between early-stage and later-stage financing. Selected participants stand the chance to receive $10,000 in grant funding to float/scale their business idea.
- The program will also provide entrepreneurs with renewable energy ideas; as well as a unique platform to leverage on existing knowledge, resources, networks, and partnerships; that will enable them to contribute adequately to driving the growth of the Nigerian Green Economy.
- Your business must be duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- The business idea must also be commercially viable.
- In addition, application must clearly demonstrate awareness of environmental and social justice in solutions adopted.
- Applicants must also demonstrate an innovative approach and contribute a new or distinct perspective to the issues within their space.
- Finally, they must demonstrate, leadership, commitment, and potential to influence others as well as steer the company to profitability.
Deadline: All applications must be completed and submitted on or before 05 February, 2021
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.