Garcinia kola (Kola nut) is a cultural principal in many West African countries, also valued for its central nervous system stimulant properties. Every market, bus stop, as well as corner shop in West Africa has small piles of kola nuts for sale. It is a significant crop for farmers in rural areas.
Kola nut health benefits have been documented for thousands of years. Kola nut is said to sweeten stale water, treat fatigue, and alleviate hunger pangs.
The majority of the kola nut’s benefits are related to its high caffeine content, which boosts energy and decreases hunger.
But have you heard about the disadvantages of bitter kola? Of course, the product has many health benefits, but abusing it can lead to problems.
Here are some of the side effects of Garcinia kola
- Bitter kola has been linked to mouth cancer. Chewing kola nuts, according to studies, can cause mouth or gastrointestinal cancer.
- Bitter kola contains a lot of caffeine, which is why eating too much of it can be dangerous. As a result, you should be cautious about the number of nuts you consume. The product is especially dangerous for people who have heart problems.
- Glaucoma can be caused by bitter kola. An excessive amount of bitter kola nuts can be harmful. However, eating a small amount of nuts can help prevent glaucoma.
- Bitter kola is not good for people who have diabetes. It is another of the bitter kola side effects caused by the presence of caffeine in the product. Caffeine can cause an incorrect sugar level in your body, so use caution when using this product.
- Bitter kola can aggravate diarrhea. When you consume an excessive amount of nuts while suffering from diarrhea, it can aggravate the situation. Don’t underestimate the dangers that can result from kola abuse.
- Bitter kola slows blood clotting. If consumed in large quantities, the product can cause blood clotting issues. If the person is bleeding, the bitter kola can aggravate the situation. It’s also a good idea to avoid bitter kola after surgery.
- Anxiety can also be caused by bitter kola. If you suffer from stress and anxiety, it is best to avoid using this product. The nuts contain a number of ingredients that can lead to an unstable mental state.
Bitter kola has benefits and drawbacks, and its impact on your body is solely determined by how you consume it. Doctors recommend no more than two nuts per day. To avoid health issues, consume the product at a moderate level.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Garcinia kola
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement, and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.