MANAGING IT PROJECTS EFFECTIVELY
The overall aim of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge and the skills needed to successfully manage an Information Technology (IT) project from inception to closure. Participants in this interactive course will learn all the critical tools and techniques required to play a leading role as an IT project manager such as analyzing the requirements, preparing project plans, developing project budgets, leading the project team and evaluating the overall performance.
- Manage information technology projects using different project management methodologies
- Evaluate the business case of IT projects to ensure feasibility and proper justifications
- Relate project requirements and objectives to stakeholders’ needs in a clear and compelling manner
- Explain fundamental project planning activities and processes and set realistic measurable objectives in terms of time and cost using proven project planning techniques
- Manage IT projects that implement agile methodologies and identify the differences between traditional and agile projects.
- Identify the role of the project manager during the design and the implementation phases of the project
- Outline all the activities during the execution phase of a project and establish an effective control process to ensure execution in line with the project plans
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Project managers and senior IT professionals who seek to manage small to large size IT projects or to broaden their knowledge in the key project management functions. This course is designed to complement the technical knowledge of IT professionals involved in an IT project with the necessary project management skills.