MANAGEMENT SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR ENGINEERS
This course offers engineers and technical staff who are making the transition to managerial and supervisory positions an excellent opportunity to understand the differences in mindset between technical and functional thinking. Such transitions are not always successful and many engineers end up leaving their posts or the company altogether because they cannot cope with the new job requirements. This course gives engineers and technical teams the opportunity to make a successful transition from their technical comfort zone to an area that is quite different on many fronts.
- Develop insight into the functions of management
- Apply project planning skills from a business perspective
- Identify and use the right performance Indicators (KPIs) to manage business performance
- Communicate and work with others to achieve the desired goals
- Acquire team building techniques to enhance business performance
- Employ unbiased problem solving and decision making practices
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Technical managers, supervisors and engineers who need to develop their managerial skills.