LEADERSHIP SKILLS FOR HR MANAGERS
In many organizations HR, as a function, is not invited to sit at the decision making table and participate in designing and implementing corporate strategies. The main reason behind this is top management’s perception of HR as a lower value function compared to other functions in the organization, and its belief that HR professionals are not adequately equipped with the necessary skills and competencies to play that all important strategic role. In this course, you will learn how to develop and apply six modern HR strategic competencies that will allow you to lead the HR function as a modern HR professional, earn that seat at the decision making table and contribute to your organization’s bottom line. In addition to the six modern competencies, the course will introduce the most modern tool in HR management, namely HR analytics and demonstrate how this tool can be applied to enhance your HR career.
- Develop techniques to link their internal HR processes and activities with outside expectations
- Explain the six contemporary HR competencies that define HR professionalism and that allow them to become value adding managers or professionals
- Apply the necessary tools to assess and improve each of the six competencies for HR leadership
- Defend modern HR analytical tools and use them later on in their organizations to generate business intelligence data and reports
- Generate HR intelligence that helps minimize the risk associated with human capital investments
- Create an effective HR department that delivers business results
- Generate appropriate business decisions
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- This course targets those HR managers and professionals who want to upgrade their HR leadership competencies and earn a seat at the decision making table. Typically, the course is tailored to meet the needs of HR professionals in the various HR functions who have more than five years of experience in HR management.