IT MANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE
Managing an IT function is very different from developing or supporting technical IT solutions. General management skills are helpful to the IT manager, but results from this course demonstrate that a management course designed specifically for the IT professional is invaluable.
The IT Management Excellence course is first and foremost a practical and interactive course. The course delivers a proven combination of models and guidelines, supported by carefully designed, enjoyable and interactive role plays, case studies and team exercises. There are five key modules covering IT strategy, project excellence, communicating technology, operational and crisis management and commercial acumen. These are the 5 management skills that have been identified as consistently enabling business results and career success for all IT managers.
- Develop an effective IT strategy
- Increase project delivery rates and manage a portfolio of projects
- Improve operational efficiency using different operational models
- Lead effectively in a technical crisis
- Create effective sourcing plans
- Set clear IT contract objectives
- Effectively negotiate technical agreements
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- The IT Management Excellence course is targeted at IT managers and team leaders who are looking to develop their career in management and leadership. Job titles often include IT Manager, IT Team Leader, Project Manager, Systems Architect, Head of (IT) Department and more.