INTERPERSONAL SKILLS FOR THE HR PROFESSIONAL
As human resources professionals, you do a lot more than just technical human resources work. Support must be constantly provided to employees and line managers. This is why human resources professionals find themselves having to capitalize on their human relations abilities, or soft skills, to deliver their work effectively. This is the beauty of this course; it stands apart in recognizing situations in organizations that demand special care and attention from human resources professionals outside of their technical human resources competences. This course addresses those situations and shows you how to develop the right soft skills to handle them.
- Define communication and explain its importance to the work of human resources professionals
- Apply the main principles of business and report writing
- Produce written human resources correspondence and sample human resources reports
- Practice the basic skills of conflict resolution including influencing
- Explain the importance of customer service in human resources and the steps to build the required mindset
- Choose the most appropriate basic coaching and counseling techniques in human resources specific situations
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Human resources professionals or those who are about to start a career in human resources such as administrators and specialists. The course is also beneficial for experienced officers and managers in human resources who wish to update their knowledge and skills about the latest techniques in the various human resources functions.