FEASIBILITY STUDIES: PREPARATION, ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION
The overall aim of this course is to provide participants with competencies required to prepare, analyze and evaluate feasibility studies. The course involves building a feasibility study financial model using hands-on training on Microsoft Excel. The course also aims at enabling participants to appraise service and industrial investments using different capital budgeting techniques as well as analyzing the related financial parameters.
- Define ‘feasibility study’ and compare it to ‘business plan’
- Identify the crucial elements in the feasibility study
- Build the feasibility study financial model using Microsoft Excel
- Apply different investment appraisal methods and analyze financial parameters
- Analyze the feasibility study and find its merits and shortcomings
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Project sponsors, senior management, functional managers, project managers and individuals involved in preparing, writing and analysing feasibility studies.