CRISIS COMMUNICATION SKILLS
What do the 2010 British Petroleum spill, the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370, and the financial crisis of 2008 have in common? They were all unexpected crises that rocked the world and created seemingly insurmountable Public Relations (PR) challenges for the organizations involved. This course provides participants with the opportunity to identify how a crisis can impact an organization and what should be done to mitigate its effects. The course focuses on how to prepare the communication function to respond rapidly and effectively in the event of a crisis in order to be able to manage perceptions in the media and online.
- Identify the different types of crises and their aspects
- List the various principles of crisis communication
- Devise crisis management processes aimed at mitigating potential crises in their organizations
- Demonstrate the benefits of using the media in a crisis situation
- Evaluate and prioritize the dimensions involved in crisis communication management
- Analyze and interpret results achieved through crisis communication management
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
This course is targeted at team leaders, supervisors and managers of public relations sections as well as any staff member who may be involved in managing communication issues during a crisis