CREATIVE LEADERSHIP AND INNOVATIVE THINKING
Creative thinking and innovative leadership are competencies which are widely recognized as key success drivers for organizations and individuals. Interestingly, they are competencies which, given the right nurturing environment, can be developed and harnessed by anyone in any organization.
In this course we examine the conditions necessary to build such an environment. Our aim is to provide participants with an overview of creativity, and to examine leadership theories and approaches that foster innovation, emphasizing situational leadership. The course also addresses the role of the leader as delegator and change agent.
- Assess their potential for creativity and innovation
- Apply creative thinking skills and methods in work related or personal situations
- Practice thinking in non-conventional ways by thinking out of the box, using mind mapping, picture associations and other methods
- Examine leadership theories with emphasis on situational leadership
- Describe the major competencies of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Define the role of the leader as delegator and change agent
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- Supervisors, managers, team and project leaders, and all individuals who need to adopt a more creative approach at work, whether to solve problems, come up with new initiatives or initiate and introduce changes. The course will also benefit anyone interested in recognizing and developing their own or a group’s creative potential.