ADVANCED BUSINESS WRITING SKILLS
A simple email or letter can resolve a complex situation. This advanced business writing skills course emphasizes how a clear and concise message is the key to having powerful impact in today’s business world. In this course, we start by outlining good practices in business writing. We then experiment with writing to address complex business scenarios and deal with difficult people. We explore the particularities and risks associated with business writing for social media platforms. Finally, we describe the interplay between the technical, emotional and political elements of a message.
- Write effective emails, memos and letters
- Use rules for organizing content in a clear and concise manner
- Match writing complexity to the modern business environment
- Apply advanced structuring techniques in writing that yields a desirable response
- Identify and talk to their reader’s interests
- Lecture, discussion, syndicate work, case study and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
- All individuals with responsibilities requiring extensive business writing in the form of emails, memos and letters.