We are looking to hire a dedicated Communications Officer to join our team. The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
To succeed as a Communications Officer, you should be able to think creatively, work in a team and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A Bachelor’s Degree with experience as a Communications Officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement an effective communications strategy tailored to our customers and target audience
- Develop and send out company communication content, including publications, press releases, website content and other marketing material that communicates the products, services or activities of the company.
- Manage inquiries from customers, media and the public in general
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with journalists
- Maintain an up-to-date media database
- Identify opportunities to promote brand and draft plans for or manage company’s public events when necessary.
- Monitor mentions of the company in the media and collate analytics.
- Update company website and manage company’s social media platforms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Public Speaking Skills for speeches at event, representation to client or partners on recent achievements.
- Must have demonstrative knowledge of communication strategies, social media campaigning, and public relations.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- You will be incredibly ambitious; you are a get things done person and you want to be measured by your output rather than your input.
- Must have an analytical mind with a knack for trending future outlooks and desire to know happenings in the company’s industry.
- You must be a computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CMS, Blog, & Infographics software.
- Must not be more than 35 years as at the date of application.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication or related field
- 2-5 years corporate communications experience in a reputable corporate establishment.
Deadline for Submission: 12th March, 2021
Interested applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject of the email, on or before 12th March, 2021.
For this and much more Information relating to employability skills, employment opportunities, career advancement and entrepreneurship development; Join our Telegram and WhatsApp groups, and also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.