SUPPLY CHAIN RISK MANAGEMENT
Supply chain managers, procurement managers and sourcing professionals manage company’s activities and spend with its suppliers, which can be a very significant element of a company’s total turnover. In the modern day, a company’s competitive advantage in most industries will be determined by maximizing its relationships and the diligent management of its forward and backwards facing supply chains. While added value and competitive advantage are found here, they can also be lost here with potential devastating repercussions.
The ability to effectively manage risks in a supply chain is an absolute must in the skill set of any current supply chain professional. This course will equip and develop procurement and supply chain professionals with skills that enable them to operate diligently and effectively with their supply base, mitigating any risks and maximizing all opportunities to gain competitive advantage in their market place.
- Outline modern supply chain and risk management concepts as a foundation for operational success
- Plan supply chain management risk process to match organizational requirements
- Identify and assess sources of risk from across the supply chain
- Evaluate risks qualitatively and quantitatively using a versatile toolkit
- Develop risk mitigation and contingency plans to ensure uninterrupted supply flow
- Recognize cultural, ethical and legal parameters for consideration in supply chain risk management planning
- Supply chain and logistics professionals, in particular those at operational, supervisory and management level. The course is ideal for those seeking to complement their supply chain and logistics experience with risk management skills suited for their day to day operations.